Between the Lines –
Knowledge-based Analysis of
Argumentation in a Formal
Argumentation Inference System
- Ioana Hulpus, Jonathan Kobbe, Maria Becker, Juri Opitz, Graeme Hirst, Christian Meilicke, Vivi Nastase, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Anette Frank (2019): “Towards Explaining Natural Language Arguments with Background Knowledge”, Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Semantic Explainability – co-located with the 18th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2019), Christchurch, New Zealand [pdf].
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2019): “Dissecting Content and Context in Argumentative Relation Analysis”. Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Argument Mining, Florence, Italy [pdf].
- Maria Becker, Michael Staniek, Vivi Nastase, Anette Frank (2019): Assessing the Difficulty of Classifying ConceptNet Relations in a Multi-Label Classification Setting. RELATIONS – Workshop on meaning relations between phrases and sentences (co-located with IWCS). Gothenburg, Sweden [pdf].
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2019): Automatic Accuracy Prediction for AMR Parsing. Proceedings of 8th Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), Minneapolis, Minnesota [pdf].
- Jonathan Kobbe, Juri Opitz, Maria Becker, Ioana Hulpus, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Anette Frank (2019): Exploiting Background Knowledge for Argumentative Relation Classification, Second Conference on Language, Data and Knowledge (LDK 2019). [ pdf ] *Best Student Paper Award*
- Becker, M., Staniek, M., Nastase, V., and Frank, A. (2017): Enriching Argumentative Texts with Implicit Knowledge. Frasinca, F., Ittoo, A., Nguyen, L., and Metais, E. (eds.), Applications of Natural Language to Data Bases (NLDB) – Natural Language Processing and Information Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. [ bib ] [ pdf ] The final publication is available at Springer.
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2017): Semantic Clause Types and Modality as Features for Argument Analysis. Argument & Computation, Special Issue on Language and Argumentation. [ bib ] [ pdf ]
- Becker, M. (2016): Argumentative Reasoning, Clause Types and Implicit Knowledge. In: Gaggl, S. and Thimm, M. (eds.): Proceedings of the Second Summer School on Argumentation: Computational and Linguistic Perspectives, pp. 1-2, [Best poster award]. [ bib | pdf ]
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2016): Clause Types and Modality in Argumentative Microtexts. Workshop on Foundations of the Language of Argumentation (in conjunction with COMMA 2016), Potsdam, Germany, pp. 1-9. [ bib | pdf ]
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2016): Argumentative texts and clause types. Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Argument Mining (ArgMining2016), Berlin, Germany, pp. 21-30. [ bib | pdf]