Between the Lines –
Knowledge-based Analysis of
Argumentation in a Formal
Argumentation Inference System
- Maria Becker, Siting Liang and Anette Frank (2021): Reconstructing Implicit Knowledge with Language Models. Proceedings of Deep Learning Inside Out (DeeLIO): The 2nd Workshop on Knowledge Extraction and Integration for Deep Learning Architectures at NAACL 2021. [ bib , pdf ] *Best Paper Award*
- Maria Becker, Katharina Korfhage, Debjit Paul and Anette Frank, A. (2021): CO-NNECT: A Framework for Revealing Commonsense Knowledge Paths as Explicitations of Implicit Knowledge in Texts. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Computational Semantics (IWCS 2021), Groningen, to appear. [ bib, pdf ]
- Maria Becker, Katharina Korfhage and Anette Frank (2021). COCO-EX: A Tool for Linking Concepts from Texts to ConceptNet. Proceedings of the Software Demonstrations of the 16th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL 2021), pp. 119–126. [ bib, pdf ]
- Sarah Uhrig, Yoalli Garcia, Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2021): Translate, then Parse! A strong baseline for Cross-Lingual AMR Parsing. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Parsing Technologies, IWPT 2021, Online, to appear.
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2021): Towards a Decomposable Metric for Explainable Evaluation of Text Generation from AMR. Proceedings of the 16th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL 2021), Online, pp. 1504–1518. [ bib | http ]
- Jonathan Kobbe, Ioana Hulpus and Heiner Stuckenschmidt (2020). Unsupervised Stance Detection for Arguments from Consequences. In: Proceedings of the 2020 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), pp. 50-60. [ bib | pdf ]
- Jonathan Kobbe, Ines Rehbein, Ioana Hulpus and Heiner Stuckenschmidt (2020): Exploring the use of Morality in Argumentation, In: ArgMining 2020.
- Ioana Hulpus, Jonathan Kobbe, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Graeme Hirst (2020): Knowledge Graphs meet Moral Values, to appear in *SEM 2020.
- Maria Becker, Ioana Hulpus, Juri Opitz, Debjit Paul, Jonathan Kobbe, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Anette Frank (2020). Explaining Arguments with Background Knowledge – Towards Knowledge-based Argumentation Analysis. in: Datenbank-Spektrum, 20, pp. 131-141. [ pdf ]
- Juri Opitz, Letitia Parcalabescu and Anette Frank (2020). AMR Similarity Metrics from Principles. In: Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, volume 8, pp. 522-538. [ pdf ]
- Debjit Paul, Juri Optiz, Maria Becker, Jonathan Kobbe, Graeme Hirst and Anette Frank (2020). Argumentative Relation Classification with Background Knowledge. in: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computational Models of Argument (COMMA 2020),pp. 319-330. [ pdf ] *Nomination for Best Student Paper Award* (three runner-ups)
- Maria Becker, Katharina Korfhage, and Anette Frank (2020): Implicit Knowledge in Argumentative Texts: An Annotated Corpus. Proceedings of LREC. Marseille, France [ pdf ]
- Juri Opitz (2020): AMR Quality Rating with a Lightweight CNN. Proceedings of the 1st Conference of the Asia-Pacific Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics and the 10th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, Suzhou, China, dec, pp. 235–247. [ bib | http ]
- Maria Becker, Michael Staniek, Vivi Nastase, Anette Frank (2019): Assessing the Difficulty of Classifying ConceptNet Relations in a Multi-Label Classification Setting. RELATIONS – Workshop on meaning relations between phrases and sentences (co-located with IWCS). Gothenburg, Sweden [ pdf ].
- Maria Becker, Michael Staniek, Vivi Nastase, Alexis Palmer, Anette Frank (2019): Classifying Semantic Clause Types with Recurrent Neural Networks: Analysis of Attention, Context and Genre Characteristics. TAL Journal (Traitement Automatique des Langues / Natural Language Processing): Special issue Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing. [ pdf ]
- Ioana Hulpus, Jonathan Kobbe, Maria Becker, Juri Opitz, Graeme Hirst, Christian Meilicke, Vivi Nastase, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Anette Frank (2019): Towards Explaining Natural Language Arguments with Background Knowledge, Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Semantic Explainability – co-located with the 18th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2019), Christchurch, New Zealand [ pdf ].
- Jonathan Kobbe, Juri Opitz, Maria Becker, Ioana Hulpus, Heiner Stuckenschmidt and Anette Frank (2019): Exploiting Background Knowledge for Argumentative Relation Classification, Second Conference on Language, Data and Knowledge (LDK 2019). [ pdf ] *Best Student Paper Award*
- Vivi Nastase and Bhushan Kotnis (2019): Abstract Graphs and Abstract Paths for Knowledge Graph Completion. Proceedings of the Eighth Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM 2019), Minneapolis, Minnesota, pp. 147–157. [ pdf ]
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2019): Dissecting Content and Context in Argumentative Relation Analysis. Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Argument Mining, Florence, Italy [ pdf ].
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2019): Automatic Accuracy Prediction for AMR Parsing. Proceedings of 8th Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), Minneapolis, Minnesota [ pdf ].
- Juri Opitz (2019): Argumentative relation classification as plausibility ranking. Proceedings of the 15th Conference on Natural Language Processing (KONVENS 2019): Long Papers, Erlangen, Germany, pp. 193–202, German Society for Computational Linguistics & Language Technology. [ pdf ]
- Bhushan Kotnis and Vivi Nastase (2018): Analysis of the Impact of Negative Sampling on Link Prediction in Knowledge Graphs. KBCOM 2018, Los Angeles, California. [ pdf ]
- Vivi Nastase, Devon Fritz, and Anette Frank (2018): DeModify: A Dataset for Analyzing Contextual Constraints on Modifier Deletion. Proceedings of the 11th Edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2018), Miyazaki, Japan, pp. 1357–1363. [ pdf ]
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2018): Addressing the Winograd Schema Challenge as a Sequence Ranking Task. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Language, Cognition and Computational Models (LCCM), Santa Fe, New Mexico, pp. 41–52. [ pdf ]
- Mengfei Zhou and Vivi Nastase (2018): Using Patterns in Knowledge Graphs for Targeted Information Extraction. KBCOM 2018. [ pdf ]
- Becker, M., Staniek, M., Nastase, V., and Frank, A. (2017): Enriching Argumentative Texts with Implicit Knowledge. Frasinca, F., Ittoo, A., Nguyen, L., and Metais, E. (eds.), Applications of Natural Language to Data Bases (NLDB) – Natural Language Processing and Information Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. [ bib ] [ pdf ] The final publication is available at Springer.
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2017): Semantic Clause Types and Modality as Features for Argument Analysis. Argument & Computation, Special Issue on Language and Argumentation. [ bib ] [ pdf ]
- Becker, M. (2016): Argumentative Reasoning, Clause Types and Implicit Knowledge. In: Gaggl, S. and Thimm, M. (eds.): Proceedings of the Second Summer School on Argumentation: Computational and Linguistic Perspectives, pp. 1-2, *Best Poster Award*. [ bib | pdf ]
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2016): Clause Types and Modality in Argumentative Microtexts. Workshop on Foundations of the Language of Argumentation (in conjunction with COMMA 2016), Potsdam, Germany, pp. 1-9. [ bib | pdf ]
- Becker, M., Palmer, A., and Frank, A. (2016): Argumentative texts and clause types. Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Argument Mining (ArgMining2016), Berlin, Germany, pp. 21-30. [ bib | pdf ]